|GBPPR Interactive Tools|
Interactive Wireless / RF Design Utilities
- Wireless Network Link Analysis
- Calculates approximate received power levels and fade margins for microwave wireless links.
Wireless Network Link Analysis - Super Edition
- Same as above, but generates a PDF file containing Fresnel zone and radio path graphs.
Microwave Radio Path Analysis
- Generates a terrain profile graph and obstruction reports for a microwave radio link between two points.
Line-of-Sight Path Analysis
- Generates a JPEG image showing the line-of-sight path for a given transmitter location.
Longley-Rice Path Loss Analysis
- Generates a JPEG image showing the estimated Longley-Rice path loss for a given transmitter location.
Fresnel Zone Calculator
- Calculates and graphs the required Fresnel zone clearances for a point-to-point link.
United States Elevation Retriever
- Get the ground elevation at (almost) any location in the continental United States.
3D Local Ground Elevation Map
- Get a graphic 3D representation of the local ground elevations surrounding a transmitter site.
Parabolic Reflector Gain and Focal Point Calculator
- Calculates the gain, focal point, and radiation distances for parabolic dishes.
Urban Area Path Loss
- Calculates the approximate path loss through an urban area.
Antenna Up/Down Tilt Calculator
- Calculates the required antenna tilt to compensate for Earth curvature.
Distance & Bearing Calculator
- Calculates the distance and bearing between two geographic points.
Omnidirectional Antenna Beamwidth Analysis
- Estimates the coverage of a vertical antenna pattern.
Return Loss Calculator
- Calculates return loss given forward/reverse power or SWR.
Knife Edge Diffraction Loss Calculator
- Calculates knife edge obstruction attenuation.
Decibel Conversion Calculator
- Converts various values referenced to/from decibels.
Scattering Parameters Are Fun!
- Calculates gamma in/out from S-parameters, experimental.
Lumped Component Wilkinson Splitter / Combiner Designer
- Design Wilkinson splitters/combiners for use under 400 MHz.
Pi & Tee Network Resistive Attenuation Calculator
- Design resistive attenuators.
United States Frequency Allocations 30 - 3000 MHz
- Retrieve the FCC band allocation for any frequency.
Voltage To Power Conversion Calculator
- Convert AC voltages to power.
RF Safety Compliance Calculator
- Determines if your ERP will kill people.
Approximate Air Coil Inductance Calculator
- Calculates the approximate value of an air coil inductor.
Microstripline Analysis & Design
- Calculates the required width for making microstrip transmission lines.
Calculating Phase Line Length
- Calculates coaxial phase line lengths.
3-Pole Butterworth Characteristic Bandpass Filter Calculator
- Designs simple 3-pole bandpass filters.
- Charles Toth has created an excellent Butterworth Filter Calculation Program for Windows. (Help Files)
RF Pi Network Designer
- Designs Pi-type networks for transforming impedances.
PLL 3rd Order Passive Loop Filter Calculator
- Designs passive loop filters for phase lock loops.
Antenna Isolation Calculator
- Calculates isolation for horizontal & vertical antennas.
Mixer IMD Calculator
- Calculates potential IMD products in subtractive mode mixers.
GBPPR Microwave Radio Path Analysis Tools
A Perl CGI program to graphically show the radio path profile between two points. It will plot the 0.6 Fresnel zone and the true radio path for a given value of K (the effective Earth radius factor). This is all displayed in reference to the path's elevation data taken at intervals along the link path. This will let you see if you have a clear radio line-of-sight path. Currently, the elevation data is only available for most of North America. It is also extremely CPU intensive, so please be patient for the output PDF file to complete, or try again at a different time.
- Microwave Radio Path Analysis
- Line-of-Sight Path Analysis
- Longley-Rice Path Loss Analysis
- 3D Local Ground Elevation Map
All the plotting utilities are based around a slightly modified version of the SPLAT! program by KD2BD.
GBPPR Microwave Radio Path Analysis Tools Source code for the above scripts. (758k Gzipped TAR)